You’re no stranger to block parties and birthdays, but now you’re looking to throw a party with a little more of an adult theme? For wild couples, swing parties can be fun for an anniversary or special birthday, or they can be great events for you to organize regularly. So what do you have to consider? As in all sex stories, what’s important are the fundamentals:
Where to Have your Party
- Your own home is your best bet for your party as a new host. You might be tempted to hold a party outside in warm weather- lots of space, beautiful scenery and easy cleanup. But this isn’t wise unless you live VERY far away from your neighbors.
- You may think a high fence or tall trees provide privacy, but even if your neighbors can’t see you, they can still hear you! This can result in a complaint and an unfortunate police visit.
- Attempts to hide your party attendees‘ sounds with loud music won’t work. Those bright colorful lights you’ll see aren’t festive decorations, but police cars out front.
- All this considered, it’s best to keep the action inside when you start out. If you’re a real beginner, you’ll also want to attend a few swing parties before trying to host your own.
- Sometimes people consider hosting as an easy way to make some money, but like most plans for fast money, it’s not as simple as it looks. It’s important to plan your parties well, and you’re not hosting a spectator sport. In order to get along with your guests and have a good party, you should be into swinging yourself.
The Guest List
- In the beginning you should invite people you know from other swingers‘ parties and groups. You’ll want to get more comfortable with hosting and more familiar with swinging before you let strangers show up.
- Saturday night’s alright for swinging- people tend to be too tired to get into it at the end of the week on Friday. It’s a good idea to start promoting your party about a month in advance, and encourage people to bring people they actually know, but not friends of friends.
- Make this rule very clear: couples only!! Single men often try to crash to take advantage of what they imagine is just one big orgy- that’s not what this is about. Single men or women can cause jealousies and complications. Limiting your guest list to couples allows everyone to relax and enjoy themselves.
What to Serve your Guests
- It’s illegal to sell alcohol without a liquor license so you can’t charge for alcohol or you could be arrested. Instead, charge a fee per couple to attend and give away the food and liquor. $30 per couple is a standard charge, or you can charge a smaller fee and make it BYOB.
- One of the first things you should establish is how many couples you can accommodate, depending on space, your comfort, and the energy you want your party to have. You can overbook by 50% because a lot of people may not show up.
- Require that people RSVP by e-mail. This way, you’ll have the e-mails of all the people who are attending so you can send them the time, date and location of the party, along with rules and any fun details of a theme if you’re having one (these are common at swing parties.)
Speaking of Rules…
- You should say up front whether you’ll allow smoking and any kind of cameras/documentation. These can make some guests uncomfortable, so they should know what they’re getting into.
- Make it clear that the party is supposed to be fun and safe for everyone, and you won’t tolerate drunkenness or fighting.
- Also, all activities will be completely consensual and no one will have to participate in anything they aren’t comfortable with.
Use these simple guidelines and you’ll have your guests coming again and again!
- Plunked by Michael Northrop – Youth Baseball, Self-Confidence, and Elementary School-Aged Challenges
- 7 Top Reasons Why Music is So Important